The Journal of Living Architecture (JLIV) is the peer-reviewed journal of the Green Infrastructure Foundation (GIF), a chartiable 501(c)(3) organization affiliated with Green Roofs for Healthy Cities (GRHC) founded to respond to the need for greater awareness and resources to promote the design, installation, and maintenance of green infrastructure in local communities.
The JLIV is written, reviewed, and edited by living architecture professionals, sharing with their colleagues successful educational applications, original research findings, scholarly opinions, educational resources, and challenges on issues of critical importance to living architecutre professionals and educators.
The JLIV is published exclusively on the Living Architecture Monitor magazine website. The magazine will publish the abstract of each published JLIV manuscript in the quarterly issue, with a link to the full paper online.
To submit an article to the Journal of Living Architecture, review the submission guidelines and follow the submission instructions. The JLIV Review Board will contact you with information regarding publication.
As a refereed journal, all JLIV submissions are expected to contain scholarly citations. It is the author's responsibility to ensure that manuscripts submitted to the JLIV follow the submission guidelines.
Submitted manuscripts that deviate from the format will be returned to the corresponding authors for correction. Manuscripts submitted to the JLIV must be the sole, original work of the author(s) listed, must not have been previously published, and must have been submitted only to the JLIV.
The JLIV's mission is to expand and update the research and knowledge base for living architecture and allied professionals. In addition, JLIV serves as a forum for emerging and contemporary issues affecting living architecture.
The current JLIV editorial review board includes:
- Editor-in-Chief, Dr. Reid Coffman, Kent State University
- Managing Editor, Dr. Richard Sutton, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Dr. Brad Bass, Environment Canada
- Dr. Robert Berghage, Penn State University
- Dr. Jennifer Bousselot, Colorado State University
- Dr. Maureen Connelly, British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Dr. Nigel Dunnett, University of Sheffield
- Bruce Dvorak, MLA, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Tobias Emillson, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
- Barry Lehrman, MArch/MLA, California State Polytechnic University
- Dr. J. Scott MacIvor, University of Toronto
- Thomas O'Connor, MSE, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Dr. Bill Retzlaff, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Dr. Bradley Rowe, Michigan State University
- Virginia Russell, MLA, University of Cincinnati
- Dr. Sabina Shaikh, University of Chicago
- Dr. David Tilley, University of Maryland
- Dr. Youbin Zheng, University of Guelph